Sovereign Silver Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol for dogs and cats is a silver hydrosol used for immune system support in animals. Compounds of silver have a long history in medicine and concentrations of colloidal silver at 5 parts per million or higher have been found to be effective against numerous infectious bacteria, viruses and fungi.
This Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol represents the ultimate refinement of the colloidal silver category. It contains 98% positively charged silver, in pharmaceutical-grade purified water. Sovereign Silver’s unique silver species, with a verified and unmatched particle size, remains in its most active state for use within the body.
When Choosing a Silver Product Validate the Following:
- START POSITIVE: If silver is not positively charged, it doesn’t work well. At best, most collodial silver products contain only 10% charges silver. Sovereign Silver contains 98% positively charged silver [Ag(n)1+], making it exponentially more powerful than other brands
- THINK ABSORPTION: The smaller the particle size, the easier it is for the body to absorb and eliminate. Sovereign Silver features an unprecedented particle size of 0.8 nm/0.0008 microns, verified by 3rd party. No other silver can prove the same.
- BE SAFE: When it comes to concentration, more is not always better. Our tiny particle size yields greater surface area and higher efficiency, making our 10 ppm (parts per million) product more effective than competing brands containing up to 500 ppm. Taken 7 times a day for 70 years, Sovereign Silver still falls below the EPA’s (Environmental Protection Agency) daily oral Reference Dose (RfD) for silver.
- EMBRACE PURITY: Sovereign Silver has only two ingredients: 99.999% pure silver and pharmaceutical-grade purified water. It does not contain added salts or proteins that render other silver products less effective. Plus, it is packaged in non-leaching glass bottles, never plastic, to guarantee purity throughout its shelf-life. Sovereign Silver is vegan. It is also allergen, gluten and GMO free.
About Hydrogen Peroxide
Many people believe that it is best to use hydrogen peroxide or alcohol to disinfect a wound. However, using either of these two chemical disinfectants to clean an injury can actually harm the tissue and delay healing. The best way to clean a minor wound is with cool running water and mild soap. If necessary, rinse the wound for at least five minutes to remove dirt, debris, and bacteria, then use the Sovereign Silver Hydrosol as an additonal protection against infection. Afterwards, spraying the injury with silver and then using a product like our Hot Spot / Wound Powder is all you should need to do to have a wound heal quickly without infection. Wounds that are large, deep, or bleeding nonstop should be treated by a professional.
Sovereign Silver Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol Safety
The risks and toxicities pertaining to silver, Argyria (blue or gray discoloration of the skin) for example, have always been attributed to (A) extreme quantities of silver arising from (B) silver salts and (C) silver compounds, all of which may be considered non-oligodynamic silver. Non-oligodynamic silver is silver that has lost its positive electrical charge and is therefore nothing but “dead-weight” silver. Non-oligodynamic silver is devoid of any known positive bioactivity, and is in fact the only form of silver compound known to generate risks to higher organisms. Natural-Immunogenics Corp. has taken great care in establishing the safety of its colloidal silver hydrosol products by going the extra mile of insuring all batches of its products contain the purist silver particles which are: (1) extremely low in concentration (i.e., 10 ppm to 23 ppm), (2) predominantly oligodynamic in nature, (3) extremely small in size to help facilitate its elimination once it has served its biologically useful purpose, and (4) devoid of salts or any other contaminants.
What is Colloidal Silver for Dogs and Cats?
Colloidal silver is the generic term for all forms of silver marketed as dietary supplements and containing substances that include particles in suspension. If you have been researching using silver for your dog or cat you may be more confused than ever. This is because there are a multitude of silver products that use terms such as colloidal silver, true colloidal silver, ionic silver, silver hydrosol etc. Complicating matters further, some silver supplements make varying claims and may even provide misinformed or misleading information to the consumer.
What does Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol do for Dogs and Cats?
Studies done on silver have shown it to have broad antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. These qualities can provide dogs and cats with a safe and natural way to support their immune systems*. Research suggests that silver works by attaching to proteins on the cell walls of an organism and damaging the cell membranes. This allows silver ions to pass into the cells, where they can interfere with the organism’s metabolic processes and damage its DNA, leading to the cell’s death. Further into this article we will go into the importance of a colloidal silver’s particle size, purity and concentration of positively charged ions in making the immune enhancing benefits of silver safe and effective.
What is the Dosage of Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol for Dogs and Cats?
You’ll find usage suggestions for this supplement in the “Instructions” tab above. Generally, the dosage of a colloidal silver supplement for your pet is going to depend on a number of different factors that vary among supplements so there is not one answer to this question. Always keep in mind the safe daily limits provided below which is generally not going to be an issue with a well-respected brand. Factors that influence dosage and safety of a colloidal silver supplement include:
- Ratio of positively charged silver – as close to 100% as possible.
- Purity – Silver is not naturally 100% pure, but it can be refined up to 99.999% pure
- Particle size – smaller particles are more easily converted to positively charged bioactive silver, are better absorbed and have more surface area.
- Parts per million of “bio-active” silver – when the above recommendations are met then a safe, low concentration of 10 to 23 ppm bioactive silver is all that you will ever need.
What is Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol Used for in Dogs and Cats?
Since silver has a toxic effect on molds, spores, fungi, viruses and bacteria even in relatively low concentrations, it can be beneficial in supporting the immune system* in response to numerous health imbalances. Examples include:
- General immune support against bacterial and viral infections
- Fungal or bacterial infections of the skin
- Ear and eye infections
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gum inflammation
- Respiratory infections
- Sore throats
- Tear stains
How Much Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol is Safe for Dogs and Cats?
Silver is a naturally-occurring element that is found in drinking water and in food such as milk, wheat and mushrooms. Some consumers get concerned that silver may be a “heavy metal”, a term generally meant to refer to metals that are considered toxic, even in low doses (e.g., mercury). Technically, silver (Ag) is listed as a “transition metal” which includes nutritional minerals you would be familiar with such as chromium, copper, zinc and iron. These are nutrients considered essential to human health, in the proper form and dose. The risks and toxicity that have been connected to silver, such as argyria (turning blue), are extremely rare and associated with the consumption of poor-quality or homemade colloidal silver products used at unsafe concentrations.
A silver supplement with the smallest, positively charged particle size in a low concentration (10 to 23 ppm bioactive silver) will be the safest and most effective. The EPA has established 350 micrograms per day as a safe daily oral reference dose for silver using a 70-year study performed on adults of an average 150 lbs (70Kg) in weight. Use your dog or cat’s weight to figure the safe daily dosage for them which is usually found on the colloidal silver packaging.
Where to Buy Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol for Your Dog or Cat?
Here at The Pet Health and Nutrition Center would be a great place to start! We have thoroughly researched various silver supplements and chose Sovereign Silver to recommend to our dog and cat clients for over 10 years. It is a highly experienced and respected company in its field and works closely with the EPA and third-parties to make sure their products are tested to be the safest and most effective available. We trust them and use Sovereign Silver for all of our clients and also to alleviate our family’s immune challenges at various times over the course of a year with truly outstanding success.
Colloidal Silver Medicial Uses. Retrieved from https://www.elixa.com/colloidal-silver-medical-uses/
Sovereign Silver Safety and Toxicity. Retrieved from https://sovereignsilver.com/