Home Cooking for Sick Dogs Cook Book
Meet Your Dog’s Nutritional Needs for $0.32 a Day!
- Recipes developed specifically for dogs diagnosed with Cancer, Liver Disease, Kidney Disease, Pancreatitis, Seizures & Heart Disease to meet the needs of each individual disease or illness.
- Meals are easy to prepare, yet provide your pet with exceptional nutritional value. Developed by a Holistic Nutrition Practitioner for your sick dog.
- 3-5 ingredients meant to be cooked in a crock pot, but can easily be converted to cook on top of the stove or baked in the oven.
- Instant download eBook.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
NOTE: For DIABETIC DOGS, use any recipes in the book and just eliminate grains and increase the other ingredients. For dogs with SKIN PROBLEMS, any of the recipes in the book can be used and you can eliminate the grains if you choose.
What customers are saying
Hear how a few furry friends have benefited from this book
Hi, Janie, Your information really helped! I took your advice and found a holistic vet too. We changed Walter's diet to your recipes and he is doing much better. Thank you for caring about our dogs!
Our dog is doing much better! Thank you for checking. They are not sure what happened but his liver values are almost normal. Merry Christmas! You were my shelter in the storm! Thank you...
Hello Janie, Kinsler continues to do very well. We are now giving him fluids every other day to help flush out the toxins from his kidney disease. His recent blood work report came back BUN- 74 /Creatinine 1.3. On October 2nd The BUN was at 72 and the Creatinine was at 1.6. To us, the report came back a good. We feel as thou he is maintaining his numbers. Our Vet said we were doing a good job and Kinsler should have blood work done in 2 more months just to see how he is coming along. Kinsler has so much energy and eats 3 times a day. I'm constantly cooking for him. Thank you Janie for all your help and your cookbook. I truly believe Kinsler wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.You’re an Angel! Sincerely, Betty Bradford & Kinsler
Hello Janie, I just want to let you know my Ronnie died on Saturday night 12/02/17. He died with me at home with heart failure. It is hard for me to come to terms with, because he was improving so well on your diet and advice. I was planning to send you a photo diary. Thank you for your help. It has been invaluable! Best wishes, Mandy.
Thank you so much for your quick response. Your book is invaluable!!
Only $0.32 Cents a Day for One Month Towards Your Dog’s Better Health!
What You’ll Find Inside …
- Simplified DIY dog food recipes developed for crock pot use, but can be baked or cooked on top of the stove as well.
- Recipes include whole limited ingredients for easier digestion.
- Each illness section includes different meats, vegetables and grains (when permitted) in order to vary your dog’s meals and provide variety.
- A serving size chart based upon your dog’s weight.
- Recipes tailored to meet the dietary needs of the specific disease/illness that your dog is experiencing (see a list of covered illnesses below).
- Healthy, affordable and flavorful meals.
- Recommended herbs, supplements and guidance for each specific disease or sickness.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a DIGITAL BOOK for Instant Download. For a hard copy of this book, please purchase from Amazon here.
Home Prepared Meals are Your Dog’s First Line of Defense …
Diet is critical to the recovery of any illness. Traditional veterinarians tend to push prescription pet foods, yet the ingredients in these foods are painful to read, let alone feed to a dog that is sick.
Home Cooking for Sick Dogs Cookbook was written by Janie Knetzer, founder of YourOldDog.com, in collaboration with Darleen Rudnick, Canine Nutritionist who holds a Master’s of Science in Holistic Nutrition and Certification as a Holistic Nutrition Practitioner. The book provides dog owners a good dog food option regarding a healthy diet for dogs with disease/illness, chronic skin problems and IBD or for those that simply prefer to cook for their dog. The recipes were deliberately created to be uncomplicated so that it’s not overwhelming for the owner. The recipes are made from whole foods and healthy ingredients.
Choosing the right herbs and supplements can also be overwhelming for pet owners. Yet, they play a critical part of healing and that’s why we include specific supplements for each disease and sickness that are best known for their healing properties.
Real foods play the largest role in the recovery of sick or unhealthy dogs…
By using the same foods that you have in your kitchen along with a Multivitamin Tablet, a good oil (and calcium since home cooking), you can make a tremendous difference in how your dog feels and responds.
Kibble ~ Especially Hard on Sick Dogs
Kibble is hard on your dog’s organs. Dogs AND especially cats are not meant to eat dry foods like this over and over. Overcooked, chemical laced kibble is becoming more and more a thing of the past.
Pet owners are starting to understand that diet is your pet’s best defense against health problems. When you download this book, you will not only learn how to optimize your dog’s diet for premium health, but you will also learn:
- Which grains, meats, and vegetables are suitable to feed your dog with his or her particular condition.
- Which supplements are best for each condition and disease.
- A helpful “About the Recipes” page which includes many helpful tips regarding rotation, substitution, vegetables that should always be included and vegetables that should never be included, using fresh or frozen vegetables, time and temperature control.
- Appropriate serving sizes.
- How long each specific meal will remain edible for your pet.
It’s up to YOU to take charge of your dog’s health
- Give your dog’s health a chance by taking complete charge of his diet yourself.
- Feel better knowing that your feeding fresh dog food and your best friend is eating whole, real foods that provide real nutritional value.
- Spend minimal time preparing home cooked meals, yet deliver superior dietary needs for your sick or aging dog.
Some of our top frequently asked questions
Click on the question below for the answer to appear
Can I feed my dog these recipes if they have limitations on their phosphorus intake?
Yes! This book includes several recipes for dogs who need a low phosphorus diet!
Are the recipes in this book designed by a qualified canine nutritionist?
Yes! Unlike other canine cookbooks written by well-intentioned dog owners, “Home Cooking for Sick Dogs” was written under the consultation of a certified nutritionist. Darlene Rudnick has been a student of nutrition since 1987 and her qualifications certainly speak for themselves!
While I too have been working with nutrition for dogs for many years, I do not hold a degree. For this reason, I wanted to work with an expert on nutrition for pets, and Darleen has been studying nutrition health since 1987. Here’s Darlene’s credentials:
- A Master’s of Science in Holistic Nutrition
- Certification as a Holistic Nutrition Practitioner
- Conducts ongoing workshops on nutrition
- Is an Instructor at the Southern Institute of Healing Arts
- Owns and runs Purely Pets Wellness Center
Does my dog have to be sick to eat the recipes from this book?
Not at all! Whether your dog is suffering from current illness or whether they are completely healthy, the recipes in this book are designed to create well-rounded and appealing meals!
Just keep in mind that whenever you cook for your dog it is always recommended that you include the following healthy supplements:
- Multivitamin Tablet or a Multivitamin Powder
- A good oil such as organic, cold pressed coconut oil
Can I feed my dog these recipes if they have 'X' blood creatinine levels & Kidney Issues.
Yes! The kidney disease recipes in this book are safe for all levels of Creatinine in the blood!
Can I feed my dog these recipes if he or she has elevated liver enzymes?
The recipes found in my book can be used for dogs with Early Stage Liver Disease. If your dog has elevated liver enzymes due to ammonia in the blood (Hepatic Encephalopathy) or he or she is vomiting bile due to early stage liver disease; these recipes can be used. The recipes ARE NOT MEANT for dogs who are STORING COPPER in their liver.
If you’re not sure, please ask your vet if your dog has copper storage disease. Also, dogs who are in late stage liver disease, may develop kidney problems and suffer seizures associated with their liver problems.
If this is the case for your dog, then the recipes in this book for liver disease ARE NOT recommended. I recommend talking to a pet nutritionist who can personalize recipes for your dog in either of these cases.
Is home cooking for my dog going to be expensive?
No! You’ll be surprised at how much money you will save by following the recipes in “Home Cooking for Sick Dogs.” Consider the cost of a bag of prescription dog food. Then consider the cost of treating uncontrolled health issues in your sick dog. Now consider the cost of basic nutritious foods and the long-term health of your pet…
Backed by nutritional science, the recipes in this book not only provide your dog with healthy, whole nutrition, but they also allow you to cater your dog’s specific needs by supplementing deficiencies caused by illness.
ESPECIALLY NOW, YOUR DOG NEEDS A WHOLESOME DIET IN ORDER TO HELP WITH THE RECOVERY PROCESS
It’s important to act quickly when your dealing with sickness or disease. You do that by implementing a plan of how you’re going to fight your dog’s illness and hopefully regain his or her good health.
Download your copy today RISK FREE with our 60 day satisfaction guarantee!